Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Oktoberfest

We went to Oktoberfest on Monday. It was totally different than I expected. It reminded me of Lagoon, only with newer and bigger rides. There was another section where the beer houses were. We peeked inside a few of the houses (see movies). Pretty entertaining! Jorg was impressed. I was just disappointed they didn't have rootbeer (j/k).

I went on this ride that was like the 'Turn of the Century' except they take you waaaaaaaaaaaay up high and overlook all of Oktoberfest and most of the city. It was a surreal experience. I'm so glad I did it! I just couldn't picture that it was really true I am here, experiencing this. And there I could see my cute husband and little girl. It was such a wonderfully joyful feeling. The girl next to me was talking the whole time. I smiled, not understanding half of what she said, and responded back with what little German I know. (Es ist kalt, yah, wunderbar, wow) and she was fooled! I was very proud and so was Jorg when I told him.

We bought Rebecca a ticket to these little cars that went in a circle, and she refused to go.
There was lots of noise and loud music on every ride. I think because of all the noise, she said it was "too scary for me!" We didn't make her go. Then we showed her other rides and she wouldn't go near them. But as soon as we found a little booth with pony rides, she hopped out of her stroller quick with the biggest grin on her face. She had her mouth open with her "excited" expression almost the entire ride.




4 comments:

Emily said...

LOVE the pictures, LOVE the videos! Keep them coming! Natalie is freaking out over here for more Becca movies :)

Kristin said...

We´re back and I do so really really enjoy all of the pictures nd movies you took so far. I can´t wait to come and see you. In fact I am going to check NOW on train tickets :)))

Unknown said...

I can't believe you are so far away! Neato lady...I love blog stoking you! Em

Marianne said...

Okay, so Snowbird's Oktoberfest is 1) Not that impressive, but 2) also not so bad, based on these pictures!

I'm so glad you're having fun! :)