Monday, October 5, 2009

Getting Around

with a 2 Year Old:



I realize "pee" is not the most polite word, but you just couldn't describe that smell with "tinkle"or "number 1". Sorry, mom.
We are getting more used to public transportation. We don't have to use it every day since we have stores within walking distance. But when we do, it is an event! I think Rebecca likes it better than she did a week ago when she hid her face at everyone who looked at her. Now she is getting braver and will start smiling at people, and tell us, "She smiled at me. Or she is looking at me. He likes me, etc." And she knows more what to expect.
When you take a car, you get in the car and then when you arrive at your destination, you get out. Here, we usually take at least one bus (bus stop is right outside our door and the bus comes every 10 minutes). Then at least one train (subway) to get where we're going.
Rebecca's always asking, "Where we going?" Which she did at home too. And we tell her, to her satisfaction, where it is we're going.
But when we'd get off the bus here and had not arrived at our destination, and instead hopped on another bus or train, she got all sorts of confused and upset. We would have to start all over again with the, "WHERE are we going??"
We also found that she much prefers to ride without her stroller. We let her do that when we can.

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

HOw funny. That reminds me so much of my mission. Those great Europeans just can't hold it in!! I remember For the first month or so of being in Lithuania I wanted to vomit everywhere I went. My trainer was like, " I don't smell anything". ARE YOU KIDDING? But I got used to it. Sad. But true. Hope it goes better. I hope you are enjoying your time there. We miss you and love you!!!

Emily said...

oh man, that clip was so funny. She sure knows what she's talking about.