Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful

A couple of weeks ago I was having, one of those days.
Long story short, I was by myself on the train, riding back from the Olympia tower where I had retrieved my lost wallet.

I was glad it was found, but miffed at myself for losing it in the first place.

Then, as I was crunching on some roasted almonds I bought since I was starved, one of my teeth cracked! In my head, I started listing off everything that was going "wrong" in my "terrible" life.
*Lost wallet
*cracked tooth
*rainy day
*it was my parent's last day
*my mom wasn't feeling well
*crowded subway train
*etc.

I let myself go on for a little bit and then a little voice said, "stop! enough! Now that you've let yourself go into this pity party, it's time to list your blessings!" so I did. It was slow at first, but once I got started, I couldn't stop.

My mood totally changed. And I noticed I felt lighter. I looked at the people around me. I hoped they were as blessed as I am. I wished they knew who they were. Why they're here. And that Heavenly Father loves them. Because I do! And I am so thankful.

2 comments:

Emily said...

A cracked tooth! Oh no! I hope that isn't killing! Happy Thanksgiving! That was a beautiful post. I'm sorry to be such a nerd commenting on every post. It makes me feel like you're here somehow. We sure miss you! love you!

ty and megs said...

love the family picture. thanks for the sweet post. happy thanksgiving!!