Friday, November 20, 2009

Itinerary

The grandparents watching the grandchild watch, Snow White.

Here is the original itinerary that I emailed to our parents. It was nice to have a plan. We stuck to it pretty good, switching a few things here and there.

8th Sunday - John and Rose arrive!, rest, see a little of Munich. We'll go to Marienplatz

9th Monday - we'll meet you at the Mueller bakery for breakfast (near your hotel)! tour Munich (possibly Olympiapark
and the BMW Museum)

10th Tuesday - Neuschwanstein Castle

11th Wednesday - tour Munich (possibly Deutsches Museum)

12th Thursday - tour Munich, Birgit arrives in the morning possibly walk from Odeonzplatz to Marienplatz to see Rathaus-Glockenspiel
and eat a real Bavarian meal at the Hofbrauhaus!

13th Friday - Rothenburg

14th Saturday - Salzburg
It's cheap and relaxing to get there by train.

15th Sunday - church, relax, Munich - English Garden

16th Monday - tour Munich (possibly Nymphenburg Palace)

17th Tuesday -(John and Rose leave this morning :(
tour Munich (possibly Deutsches Museum)

18th Wednesday - open

19th Thursday - Birgit leaves this evening :(


We had a car the entire time my parents were here, since it was cheaper that way. We used it for the day trips and to and from the airport. Other than that it just sat in our parking garage since it's faster, cheaper, and more convenient to use the dreaded public transportation.

My parents stayed at a nearby hotel and Birgit stayed with us. Except for one night when we all stayed in Salsburg.

We ate SO well!! Bakeries, bakeries, bakeries, german restarants, Austrian restaurants, good food at our house, and Jorg and his mom went to an Indian restaurant. Sometime I will do a food post since I'm collecting pictures of the yuminess we eat here.

I really enjoyed showing everyone around Munich. And of course they were all impressed with my cosmopolitan self. It made me remember that first day when Jorg picked us up and I told him I would never go anywhere in the city without him. And I didn't for a few weeks! But I got the hang of it. And now I am often able to help others who look lost.

The weather was really good for the most part. Especially when we were in Salzburg. We didn't even need jackets.

Rebecca loves each of her grandparents so much that she, on her own, split her attention rather evenly. For example, she had a blast playing with Omi in the horse fountain (salsburg) for a while. Then told Birgit, "Okay, Omi. Now you go up there. Now Mimi...come down here now." and played with Mimi for a while. She snuggled up with both grandmas on the couch. What a lucky, lucky girl!

It's quiet around here now. Well, except for the little cutie who is twirling around and screaming the song "Once upon a dream"! Jorg is going to Frankfurt today and staying one night. We are trying to decide if we'll go with him or stay and go to the zoo. Rebecca has been presented with the options (go to the zoo, or sit in the car for a looooong time). And she says, "Sit in car for looooong time to do the trip with daddy!" OVER the zoo. So I guess she's made up her mind. Hmmmmmmm...

1 comment:

Marianne said...

I wish I could remember the name of the park where Jesse and I camped in Munich. You'd probably know it by now! (It was in the middle of the city, I think.) It has a "standing wave", and guys like to surf there. You're going to take us around Munich someday! :)