Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Sampling

Neuschwanstein Castle
Rebecca wore her princess dress-up over her coat! People really got a kick out of that. Our girl is well-watched in Germany, since there aren't a lot of children. It was a nice hike up to castle for my dad and I , and my mom & Rebecca took the bus. Jorg stayed down in the car to do some business on his laptop, using his cell phone (he went through the castle as a teen)!
The castle was amazing, built by a lunatic king who loved swans. Translated, Nueschwanstein means New Swan Rock. They didn't let us take pictures inside.
Rothenburg
We found this castle and the "Romantic Road" on the way! It was a great adventure. NOT doing it justice I would say that it was seriously old, seriously neat-o, and had seriously great shops.
Salzburg
Sound of Music tour: Rebecca slept through it, Jorg has never seen the movie, the parents liked it, I really enjoyed it! We sang along to the tunes playing in the van. We loved the stop in the mountains the most. And that gazeebo where Jorg stole a kiss was pretty darn cute.


In Salzburg we also visited the castle and Mozarts house. The picture of Rebecca and Jorg below is my favorite picture from the 300-something we took :)
It was a magical trip and I'll remember it forever.
Also, check out my dad's hat! He looks so natural as an Austrian.

After my parents had to go back home (sigh), the fun continued with Birgit. We went to the Nymphenburg Palace in Munich.
Rebecca's favorite was the Carriage house. She has seen a lot of Cinderella in her 2.5 years!

We love our parents, we love these places, we loved having a great time together.

2 comments:

Emily said...

It looks like it was so much fun! Castles!? And the Sound of Music tour!? I would die to go on that! Your dad showed us all the pictures last night, us all huddled around the computer screen-it looks like you all had such a fun trip together! I can't wait to go with you someday!

Shannon said...

How freaking amazing to go on the Sound of Music tour, my FAVORITE movie of all time. It all looks amazing, but I'm in real life it was even more so. :)