Thursday, June 5, 2008

Child Labor

When I was little, my parents gave me chores and responsibilities. On occasion, I worked with a bad attitude ;) On those days, I was convinced that my parents only had kids so they wouldn't have to do the all work. I couldn't wait to have kids of my own so they could do the work! Well, now we have little Rebecca. Here she is doing the yard work. Luckily, she has a great attitude. See how happy she is:She's very good with the equipment:
She also enjoys doing the laundry. She takes out the wash:
And don't you just love it when the clothes come out of the dryer and they're all warm? Rebecca does too:
Now it's time for sorting and folding! I told her that if she makes the folds neat, we will go for ice cream later.
What a great kid we've got! Now Jorg and I have plenty of time for those hobbies we had previously set aside. Like, playing Mario 3 on the Nintendo Wii. Thanks, Rebecca!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, that's the cutest ever! She's so cheerful about working--isn't that great!!!!!!!!!!! Love you all! Soogs

Joy said...

I need to find me one of those! She is so adorable. I love seeing all the cute things she does.

Natalie said...

What a great helper! I loved your blog entry Em! Hey, we are in the same swim class next week. I am soooo excited!!! I hope it warms up for little Sophie and Rebecca!

Kristin said...

Hi you 3! Finally we have internet again. YEAH! WE miss you. AS soon as you´ll be in Germany Rebecca can do all the laundry here :) Her hair is growing , too :))))
We love our new place and don´t miss the stairs at all. The baby says "hi" too :)

Laura said...

I LURVE the dryer picture. So universal.

And is Mario 3 your favorite wii game? I haven't played that one yet.

ty and megs said...

i heart her ruffle bums!

Rosemary said...

Oh goodie, now that I know how useful she is, I'll have her start at MY house!! She has been getting it WAY too easy around here!!

Emily said...

what a sweetheart. Does she Iron? I hate ironing, I'm hoping that's Natalie's favorite. I'm excited for pictures today!!!!

Mikie said...

Haha, the post is awesome. From the adorable pictures to the child slave spin... so great. I used to think the same thing! Have kids to do the chores... and kids to babysit the other kids!

"Hi Derek! My name's Little Cletus and I'm here to tell you a few things about child labor laws, ok? They're silly and outdated. Why back in the 30s, children as young as five could work as they pleased; from textile factories to iron smelts. Yippee! Hurray!"

Lisa Dean said...

Will you please let me hire Rebecca, tell her I pay in animal crackers.

Natasha said...

What a cute little girl you've got! She's strong too...I was very impressed with her handling that outdoor equipment. It looks like you are having fun in the Bachmann household!

McKinlay Family said...

LOL that's all I have to say. I love her and I want shoes just like her.

jon and kir said...

I love the pictures of her loving the warm laundry!! Too cute!

Kim said...

mine likes helping with laundry as well....he likes to throw my folded laundry all around...
I am now in my 20th week.
the doctor hunched 70% to 30% for a girl :D !!!!!!!

Jared & Larisa said...

Awesome! The next time we see you, remind me to tell you about a picture Clint and Alex drew growing up ... a great depiction of children slaving away.