Saturday, July 28, 2007

Joel: The Shining Star



Rebecca's Uncle Joel is a song writer/singer. He just finished recording his first album! Rebecca and I got to see him in action at the studio last week.

Joel is a seriously sweet and devoted uncle. What other very "cool" 16-yr-old boy would be a good enough sport to willingly accompany his big sister, her friend, and her their babies to the nail salon? He sat there playing with Rebecca and my friend's 10 month old baby, Stella, while we got our nails done. It was so cute to watch him with those girls, while other girls passed by the salon window (it's in the mall) goo-goo-ing over that HOT guy with those babies.
I would also like to thank Joel for sharing his Harry Potter book with me when I was over at his house the other night. He and I are in different spots but I had forgotten my copy, so he held the book open to my spot while we both read. That's just a sample of what a cute brother he is.

Joel is with my mom in Hollywood right now for a talent competition. He's just...soooo talented. I'm very proud of him for all the hard work he's done and I know he'll do great at the competition. JOEL - you are our shining star, because of your talent , but MOSTLYbecause of who you are. We love you so much and wish you the best of luck!

Rebecca is Joel's biggest fan! Here she is with my mom and dad, swaying along to the music with her cell phone.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Shining star! Uncle John gave my dad a copy of Joel's demo - he LOVES it, listens to it constantly! VERY protective of it... I'm surprised he let me borrow it to burn onto my computer! I think it's awesome, too - good stuff! Go Joel!!