Wednesday, December 2, 2009

No Place Like Home

This was taken on our street, while waiting for bus 59.
I can't believe we're down to 2 weeks left!
I'll cry when we leave here because changes always make me emotional and sentimental. And we have made great memories to last a lifetime. I love Germany, I love Munich, I love the people, I love the parks, churches, castles, museums, and I love the food.

I'll also cry tears of joy to be HOME. With the rest of the people I love. To be back with my family, friends, ward. Back to my country. Back to my house, mountains, washer/dryer (we have coin operated here), car, cafe rio, playdates. Back to understanding the language. Back to my other shoes and clothes. Back to my own kitchen with my appliances and pans, to bake Christmas goodies. Back to my nativity set and Christmas tree. Back to a new freeway exit & road to our home in Springville. And the list goes on...

Munich/Springville...on the whole, I can't say that one or the other is a better place for people to live. They're good in different ways. I will miss it here. But
there's no place like home.

4 comments:

Marianne said...

Could you get here faster, please?? :) Just kidding. I know how that feels, though. I was in one city on my mission for six months, and I sobbed like a baby when I left it. And even though I've been back a couple of times, I cry every time I leave it. Because it feels like home, and always will. Funny how "home" can be anywhere you're comfortable, huh? Somewhere you know the streets, the shops, the parks, the little corners and haunts that only people who live there ever know? I have a few of those, and it never really short-changes how you feel about your "real" home. What an awesome experience. Can't wait to go there with you someday. :)

Emily said...

It really has been an amazing adventure hasn't it!? I've been loving all of your blog posts. It's giving me a taste of Germany- I can't wait to go someday. And!!!! 2 weeks!!! I'm so so excited to see you!!

McKinlay Family said...

I miss you watching this and hearing your voice. Who doesn't love Em? I don't even know if I would have seen you if you were here. Do you need me to Christmas-up your house before you get here? I want to catch up when you get back and love on the munchkin.

Mandi said...

Wow! 2 weeks! That is exciting and sad at the same time :) I have loved reading your blog and seeing what you have been up to! Enjoy your last two weeks.