Saturday, September 27, 2008

You Are Loved

A couple of months ago, I had an experience in the Reams parking lot that made me stop and think. I was driving to the exit, when I noticed a catering van that was parked a few feet ahead of me. The van was slowly backing up. I realized the driver couldn't see me because his only windows were up front. If I didn't do something, he was going to hit me! I honked my horn. The driver immediately stopped and pulled back into his parking spot.

As I ponder this experience, I surmise that the driver was going extra slow because he knew he couldn't see. He was listening for a "honk" that would let him know it wasn't the right time for him to back up. Sometimes we're "parked" in our lives. We know we need to get going, but like the driver of the van, we have a limited view on life. We don't always know what to do, where to go, or when.

In Doctrine and Covenants 112:10, we read, "Be thou humble; and the Lord thy God shall lead thee by the hand, and give thee answers to thy prayers." When we listen, our loving Heavenly Father will give us that spiritual "honk" through the Holy Ghost. He will let us know if we are on the right path. He will answer our prayers. He will send us blessings. He knows what we need to do and where we need to go to be happy in this life. All we have to do, is listen.

I wrote this for our ward newsletter.

6 comments:

Rosemary said...

I like it. Thanks for that, Em! Love you!

Mikie said...

You are awesome, cuz :) Thanks for sharing that!

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

So profound! I think I will use that example with my Primary kids! Love the new pumpkin topper by the way!

Kaitlin Heckert said...

I say! That was a wonderful insight! And very much needed at this time in my life. Thanks for your support. I love you!

Lisa Dean said...

Thanks for writing that post! And your yard looks awesome!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You are amazing and incredible and awesome and every other nice cool word I can think of. Thanks for your thoughts! Very insightful and thoughtful.

Love you!!