Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Guilt-Free Break

I (the momma) went with my 4 siblings and 2 parents to
Lake Powell
!

I anticipated this trip and imagined having a great time (the trip was my idea in the first place), but at the same time, I had anxiety about missing my two hunnies so much that I would be boating, hiking, reading, sunning, seeDo-ing, swimming, with tears in my eyes. I was wrong! I did miss them. But I was just fine. Of course, I had to have my daily Rebecca dose. Each morning, I pulled out the camera to watch little movies of my gal dancing and smiling. It helped to know that she was having fun and being loved in Brigham City.
Man, was it relaxing to lay in the sun, reading...and read pages at a time with no interruptions! Moms need a break every once in a while. A guilt free break, I might add. And that's what I got...fun times with my wonderful family...and a guilt free break.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

oooh right on!!! Looks like you had so much fun. Lake Powell is awesome!!!

Rosemary said...

Oh, it was SO much fun!! It was kind of a fun time warp for me with all the Aldrich kids there, just like when the family was younger-- when older kids weren't married yet and younger kids were little-- except--it was stress-free for me!! I didn't worry about anyone's safety, everyone helped out willingly and no one was fighting!! What a cute little grown-up family!! (Joel at 17 is almost grown up) It was a precious time for John and me. We did miss the other new family members though, and love them lots!!

Rebecca said...

Ooh, I'm jealous. Your vacation sounded so fun!

Jared & Larisa said...

What a blast! Lake Powell is the best and it must be even better when you get to go with your awesome family :) FUN!!

jon and kir said...

oh it looks like you had so much fun!! And your right-MOMS NEED BREAKS!! GUILT FREE!!

Michelle... said...

Glad you had such a great trip. I love Lake Powell. When we lived a little closer we made it an annual trip. I miss it. Maybe next year!