Thursday, February 7, 2008

The New Place

By request (hi Seesa), here are some photos and a description of the new place. I took the main floor photos this morning. From the garage you walk into the pantry/laundry room. From there, into the kitchen/dining room/family room/stairs. There is a half wall between the family room and the front room (living room). There's a storage closet (leading to the crawl space) and a half bath off the living room.Then my camera died. So here are a few pictures we snapped of the upstairs before we moved in. There is a loft area at the top of the stairs. If you go right, there is a hall storage closet,
followed by the master bed/bathroom. Left from the stairs, there's Rebecca's room and bathroom and the guest room.

I feel just ridiculous living in a place with this much space. It's pretty empty right now, but I know it won't be long before we fill it up. Though, it's hard to imagine it's possible to have more ju-stuff than we already do. Hopefully, we will accumulate strictly...more furniture and more children. That's about all we need. OH, and some curtains. And some new frames, wall decor, and vases would be nice. I am "making do" with what we have right now. Making "tables" of stacked boxes with sheets over them. And a sheet also serves as a curtain over our back sliding glass door. Everything is white! I am itching to paint, but it will have to wait until spring break (mid-April). We are also doing without a garage door opener. But, don't get me wrong, I am NOT complaining! I would choose to manually open the garage ANY day vs. hauling Rebecca and our stuff down our apartment stairs, through the snow, and to a freezing car. Any day. We are very blessed. We Li-LOve it!

5 comments:

ty and megs said...

how exciting! i long for the day that we too can live in a house! thanks for living the dream for me! :)

Marsie said...

So, party at your house? And your kitchen looks almost exactly like mine! :)

Emily said...

I can't wait to see it!

Mikie said...

New place looks awesome, cuz! That's so exciting!

danielleisom said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful home!:)