Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Moving Day

Everyone looks tired in these pix. Jim and Birgit spent the night Friday and spent Friday, Saturday, and the previous Friday helping us box up our place. Rose and Steph also helped us with boxing that week before the move.Saturday was a gorgeous, blue-skied day. Perfect moving weather. The temperatures had to have been in the 30/40's! Miraculous for this icky winter! I like to think that it's, yet another sign, that we were supposed to move into our house.
Our movers were also heaven sent. One "pay-it-forward" type of service we had was from this cutest couple who showed up at our condo, walked in the door and said, "We're here to help!" We had no idea who they were. Apparently they live in St. George and were here visiting her sister. They wanted to play basketball, but the court was snowed-in. They saw the festivities at our place and the rest is history! I wish I had their contact info so I could thank them. They were amazing. We also had a few of our neighbors (Malia Hoyt, and Josh Rasmussen), and our family: Jim, Birgit, John, Rose, Jon, Joel, and Steph. I cannot thank these guys enough. We could never have done it without them. I think we all had a good time hangin' together. And soon we will have you over for a house-warming dinner! Thank you so much!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

you are really good at this digi scrapping ;) the new place looks great and indeed very spacious.
Rebecca is getting so big and can do so much stuff...ours is still pretty much in one spot all the time, he is a chill baby :D

Emily said...

yay for movers! that guy sitting on the far left of the truck is so attractive! Can I get his number?

danielleisom said...

I was wondering about the digi scrapbooking. I was wondering if it was real and photos of it posted, or digital. Wow! Looks awesome! Emily, you are so talented! You have inspired me.