Thursday, September 13, 2012

We have a Kindergartener!


It's my first time being on the parent end of public education! I know what goes on in our elementary schools and I couldn't be more excited for our little one to experience all that her teacher has in store for her!

She's holding a Schultüte. It's a custom for children in Germany to receive these on the first day of school, filled with candy and school supplies. So fun!
 

August 28, 2012
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Of course we followed the bus to school!

and trailed her all the way to her classroom.  How cute are these neighborhood friends who walked her all the way to class for the first week?!
 
 
 







Here's here teacher, Mrs. Bergera.  We think she's fabulous!!  This picture was taken a week before school started at her assessment.
 Let the adventures begin!  I didn't cry the first day, but the second day after I followed her to school (again), I went to the grocery store.  And then I shed a few tears just wishing she were there with me.  Her schedule is: 
wake up 7:45
get dressed
eat breakfast
out the door
bus stop 8:30
school starts 9:00
school's out 11:35, or 11:15 on Wednesdays
She is picked up by me or one of two other moms in our carpool
and she is home around 11:45

while she's gone I usually eat breakfast, exercise, shower, scripture study, sometimes I have visiting teaching or a meeting, I can like make phone calls, or whatever!
When she gets home, we eat lunch together and talk about how the day went (I want to know every detail because I'm really annoying!)
and then do homework and reading until about 1:00
then play the rest of the day!

so far, having her in school is DELIGHTFUL
I   L O V E  filling out her book orders, reading her notes home, doing homework with her, hearing about her day, watching her learn so much, reading with her.  And she loves it too.
BUT, when you ask her if she likes school...she says, NO!  But don't let her fool ya.  Because she loves it!!  She always has exciting things to say about the school she "hates".  That's ou girl!  Our KINDERGARTENER!
We Like It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: