Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Writer and an Artist

Since the cold weather hit and we are forced to be inside, our girl has gotten more interested in creating.  She made this sweet manger scene to send to Omi and Grandpa.  She said that's a mushroom (?) on top of the baby Jesus.  I'm not sure why...but I think it's super cute.  I love how she draws everyone with huge eyes and those long fingers (when they have hands).  And she does not forget the nostrils (my dad would be proud...)!  And she included a door too.
This day (below), I happened to be cleaning out the crafts cupboard so there was a bunch of stuff on the counter and she just went to town...cutting and gluing and stringing beads.  I always think I have to have something specific for her to do, but it was really fun to just have the supplies there and see what she thought of.  She ended up with a necklace made with beads and stickers and glued on pom pom's.  And she tied some string around a rolled piece of construction paper as a present for her daddy.  She also made a snowman with pom pom's.  Go Beckers!
Here she is weaving.  I used to have one of these little looms when I was little too!
On this day, she was writing and drawing pictures.  One picture (close-up below) she gave it to Jorg as a "special present".  She even wrapped it up with Christmas paper.  It's a picture of her playing in the tub.  And the bowling pin looking things are shampoo bottles.  I love her.
She's been spelling things a lot too. And writing little notes. One day she was writing on a tablet in the car. She tore off a sheet of paper and handed it to me. And said, "It says "Sorry, Rebecca". When I got a chance to look down, I was shocked. It said "Rebecca" at the top of the page, which wasn't new but then, "SoRy" (backwards 's') below it. I have no clue how she figured out that they y can say 'e'. I could not believe it! I'll put up a picture of it so we have a record. Though I'm sure I'll be keeping that little piece of paper for eternity. But here is a little video clip of the way our conversations go when she is trying to spell something. She is so cute I want to keep her 4 1/2 forever (most days)!

No comments: