Saturday, October 25, 2008

Happy 18 Months

I can't believe she's 18 months old! She'll start nursery tomorrow at church. It will be her third time there, but her first time without mom or dad. She'll do great (we think). She's so sweet sitting on those little chairs, singing songs, and eating animal cookies with the other kids.
Rebecca really is girlie. Today at Walmart, we let her walk around a little, and she headed straight for anything that had the Disney Princesses printed on it. And she'd say "Rella", for Cinderella. Obviously, I dress her in pink a lot. I also introduced her to Cinderella. I like that my girl is prissy, like me :) But I'm glad she has the athletic side too (unlike me). Such a cutie.
I've started referring to her as Becca, at times. It's easier for HER to say when she talks about herself. She says it so cute too.
One of Rebecca's little friends (Abbigail) fed herself with a spoon in front of Rebecca. Now Rebecca wants to use the spoon too. As in, she will not let us spoon-feed her anymore. And when she uses the spoon, the food ends up anywhere but her mouth. Therefore, Jorg and I will be modeling spoon strategy for the next few weeks. And she will be eating finger food. She is a determined little gal.
She loves to crawl into bed with us in the mornings. She loves the 'tent' game. And she cuddles with us, giving lots of kisses. What could be better?Happy 18th months, Rebecca! Thanks for being so sweet.

7 comments:

Kristin said...

We love Rebecca! That is soo sweet. I can t wait for Annalie to crawl in to our bed.
Only one more month until we´ll finally see each other again. I will love to play with REbecca and I can´t wait to invite you to Giovanni! Besides that a huge Shopping Mall just opened in downtown Hannover :-)))))

Rebecca said...

Nursery! I'm so jealous! Only about 5 weeks left for us but we can't wait!

How did subbing go? How's good, old Hillcrest?

Also, where did you get that baby and stroller that's featured in the last post? We're thinking of getting that for Brooke for Christmas.

ty and megs said...

so cute! i really wish we lived closer because mckinlay would have a best friend in rebecca. your description sounds just like mckinlay. i can just see these two girls playing "elle" or "rella" dress up together. :)

so. darn. cute.

Emily said...

what a cutie. 9 months ago last week we were in the hospital and 9 month old Rebecca was meeting her cousin Natalie for the first time. Time sure does fly!

Michelle... said...

I can't believe she is 18 months old. Such a cute girl. I so remember James not wanting us to feed him. Oh the messes! :) Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Happy 18 months, Becca! :) Love you guys!

abby said...

Em-- I just saw you leave a comment on Kim's blog!! I miss the old ichat days. Call me tomorrow if you get a chance k?