Monday, October 29, 2007

So...Food Storage?

My boyfriend's back, again!!! He got home last night. The babe and I picked him up at the airport. We like it!! Rebecca was in her monkey costume because I know how Jorg loves her in that (he's the one who did the "Halloween Preloaded" post). You can imagine she got lots of well-deserved attention from everyone around. Jorg had the camera packed away so unfortunately, no picture. But the Peachies was sooooooo happy to see him! She just perked right up, even though it was almost 11:00 and she had just woken up. She's entering into that "attachment" phase and cries when she goes to strangers so I thought she would take a minute to warm up to him. NOPE! She started smiling and playing with his face right away. It was so cute, I cried...

And I aLMOSt cried when I saw what Jorg's luggage was full of:

"Huh??? Honey? dear?? How is THIS stuff supposed to help me look good and feel great?" I'm on WeightWatchers online and I've lost 7 pounds so far. NOthing compared to the 40 more I will lose. (Yes I will, yes I will) ANd when Jorg unloaded everything, our entire counter was filled and overflowing with German chocolate, cakes, cookies, and candies. In EVERY variety. CHocolate. I LOVE chocolate. ANd this is not just any chocolate. THis is GERMAN chocolate. The best in the WORLD. I LOVE GERMANY!!!!!!!!!!!! ANd did i mention, I love chocolate? So, today is my day off work, Rebecca is asleep and this post is going on and on. But I have to keep typing or I fear I will just....eat chocolate!!!!!!!!! and marzipan! and gummy bears! and licorice! and Christmas cake! and...HELP!

P.S. We need more pictures of Jorg on this blog. He says he took some of our beautiful Germany and his mom and sisters who were all there at once! He surprised his mom (she was speechless!) who is there on vacation right now (we miss you, Omi). And he tried to surprise Berit but I accidently ruined the surprise, oops. ANyways, I hope he got a photo of everyone together (minus me, rebecca, and Jim still here in the states). ANd, I'm still typing...trying to resist the yummy temptations...Oh good, I think Rebecca is waking up...I have to leave this house!! aaaaaaaaaaaah!

7 comments:

ty and megs said...

good luck em! i would have a hard time resisting german chocolate too! why is american chocolate so crappy in comparison!? maybe that is for the better though...

Kristin said...

Sooooo good! I was so happy to see the blog and the update. Sorry about the chocolate! I couldn´t stop him. But I am so happy he´s back with you and I am even happier you´ll be here in a few weeks and enjoy the Christmas time with us. Yeah!!! We miss you and just can´t wait only 3 1/2 more weeks. :)))) This is WONDERFUL

Emily said...

Hurray for German chocolate! I'm sorry Em, that is the meanest temptation ever! You can do it!!!

Marsie said...

I know how you feel. We just got back from England, and I filled half a duffel bag with chocolate, candies, and cookies from England and France. (I even brought home my favorite chocolate muesli cereal from France!) I don't get why European chocolate has to be so good...but I promptly put it all away in the pantry, and hopefully it will last a long time.

Rosemary said...

Oh, good, I'm glad it's not the trying-to-win-the-mom-over part of your romance!! (I'm still trying to recover from that!) German chocolate is the best!

CassiLou said...

CHOCOLATE! oh heavens. I know I'm going to raid the kids candy bags tonight and nothing would compare to yummy german chocolate. I think I need to join weight watchers with you. ;) I'm glad Jorg is 'Home Saley'.

Mikie said...

I'm glad Pirate O's doesn't have that Milka bar with the cookie in it like I had at your guy's place. And Sigfried's didn't even have them last time or 2 that I was there. I do however have a supply of RitterSport. I ate a corn flake ritter sport for breakfast the other day, no lie. Only 600 calories...haha. So bad.

So, I envy you but I don't :P