Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Trivani Tour: Day 2

Washington D.C.

We all know that D.C. stands for District of Columbia. But I didn't realize that Columbia is an early poetic name for the United States, stemming from the name of that famous explorer, Christopher Columbus. Cool! Hey, did he have anything to do with the country in South America? OH, I just looked it up and the country is spelled, Colombia. Yah, I knew that...

I have two cousins who live in D.C.

This is Christopher with his wife Amber and their adorable baby girl, Olivia. She was born on July 22nd. I haven't met this baby-girl yet, but I know she and Rebecca will be good friends. I get so happy when I get to see pictures of her.


And here's my cousin Peter with his mom (Aunt Kay). (Sorry Pete, this is the only picture I could find on my computer.) I don't have a picture of his new wife, Laura. But they are just so great together and happy newlyweds. They were married when I was still in the hospital with Rebecca: April 28th. Maybe Jorg will run into you guys!! Sad that he didn't get time to arrange lunch or something.

They also have a National Mall in D.C. I was surprised, when I visited for the first time in 2001, to find it wasn't a shopping area. "The Mall" is actually the grounds between the Lincoln Memorial and the Capitol. But you knew that, of course.


Jorg had a little time to play around today and got to see the White House and the Capitol. Too bad he won't get to see any of the museums or monuments, but we will visit as a family someday. Tomorrow he will be in Tennessee. We like it!

No comments: