Thursday, September 20, 2007

Capitol Greetings




Greetings from Back East. The Trivani Tour has been amazing.
Washington D.C. is a great place. The birthplace of the nation has left an deep impression on me. After seeing the Capitol, Washington Monument, The White House and the Abraham Lincoln Memorial I felt that "this country is my home" like I have never felt before. It is hard to describe, but I felt that my late father Juergen would have loved the tour in Wash. DC.
He was always interested in USA history and knew it better than anyone else I know.

I had the very strong impression that the nation has been founded on good principles.

Even though US international politics can be quite controversial, no one can deny that the world would have been a different place without the "Founding Fathers". Many key inventions (except German Cars ;)) were invented here and many many people worldwide have been fed by the fruits and grains of this nation. Including my own family on both sides after World War II.

Soon I will take my beautiful and amazing "American Wife" and OUR German-American co-production Rebecca to all the museums in Washington ;) maybe not all, but I am sure we will be back.

1 comment:

Em and Jorg said...

What a neat experience, Jorg. Thanks for sharing! We are so happy that you are here and that you and Emily found each other! You are the nicest husband and dad (and son-in law)! We are so grateful for you!! John and I are looking forward to going to tour your beautiful Germany in the near future (with you as our guide, of course!

Have a safe business trip!(but in the meantime we're sure having fun with Em and the baby!)

Love,
Rosemary