Thursday, March 19, 2009

Draper Temple

Way back in December, my dad got the family tickets to the Draper Temple Open House. Well, Saturday was the day and we forgot until the day before. Jorg and I thought we would just stay home because 1) Rebecca isn't old enough to remember anyway, and 2) We had some maintenance work we needed to get done on our cars.
Saturday morning it hit me...how could we pass up this experience? to work on our cars? It just didn't feel right. I thought of the people who didn't have an opportunity to go who would have done anything to be there. I also remembered an old single's ward bishop, Bishop Whitaker, who told us,
"Don't leave blessings on the table."
I shared my thoughts with Jorg and he agreed. We Bachmann's would certainly never leave any food on the table. And we won't leave blessings there either!
Here we are at the chapel waiting to board the buses to the temple.
And here are more shots in the church, with some of our Aldrich fam.
Rebecca really did take in a lot. She kept saying, "wow!" And pointing out the pictures of Jesus.
Today I asked her to tell me about the temple. She said,
"Temple. Water. Sheep. Princess. Natalie. Mimi. Cookies."
All of which were discussed or encountered on our visit.
And that about sums it up! We're really glad we went. It was amazing and beautiful.

4 comments:

Emily said...

thanks for not posting that really cranky picture of Jon... he's such a cheesehead, ruining pictures :) It's all about those CUUUUUTTE Little gals anyhow :) xxx

Sachiko said...

I'm so glad you guys made it. We went about 2 weeks ago, and it was an amazing experience. I love the saying you shared, "Don't leave blessings on the table." I'm going to remember that. Thanks.

Kaitlin Heckert said...

Jeez! Is Steph not the prettiest girl ever!? Like for reazies, that girl is looking Gorgeous. I miss my cousins!! And you are totally workin it too Em! But I am ever so pleased that you were all able to go to the open house. How fantastic!

Rosemary said...

Oh that was such a happy time! And Rebecca was so excited because she thought there would be a princess inside! (a temple does look like a castle, right? And just like her mommy told her little sister Becky when they were 4 and 2, "And then Cinderella and Prince Charming got married, in the temple." Well, there were no princesses inside, but there were about 12 "cow" statues, which inspired "moo"s from Rebecca and Natlaie!