Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Day

















Jorg called from work today and our conversation went like this:

J: (in an inquiring voice) What day is it today?
E: It's Monday...um...the 3rd.
J: Oh. Is this a special day?
E: Yah, because it's November and they're playing Christmas music on the radio?
J: And..whatelse?
E: OH! It's November 3RD!
We first "met" 3 years ago today. Well, it was a virtual meeting. Jorg checked out my profile on ldslinkup.com. He saw I was online at the time and sent me an instant message. Opening line of, "How YOU doin'?" We "chatted" for 3 hours that night. We met in person two days later, on the 5th. It was my last first date, followed by my last first kiss (well, like 2 weeks later), followed by many more last firsts, and first lasts.
Tonight we will read through our first chat (printed in our binder of love letters), and go out for a late dinner.
Even though "You've Got Mail" has always been one of my favorite movies, I was shocked when I realized I was going to marry a boy I met on the internet. That's not a very romantic love story!
Or, is it... ;)

15 comments:

Tanya said...

What a sweet story...about two sweet people. Glad you two found each other! What a fabulous couple!
Cheers :)

Rosemary said...

I LOVE this story!! And all that has followed!

Michelle... said...

I can so relate. Who would have thought we'd meet and marry guys off the internet? Aren't we so lucky to have found such great husbands and father's to our children? Happy "meeting" day!

Rebecca said...

Aww. I never knew you met online! Sweet story.

ty and megs said...

it's very romantic. i love that you chatted for 3 hours!! i bet you couldn't sleep that night.

gotta love the lovey butterflies!!

Unknown said...

What a sweet story. And you have a love binder...mooosh! I love it!

Chocolates for Breakfast said...

What are you talking about...Totally romantic! November 3rd is a big day...your first meeting and our first wedding! Yesterday we celebrated 30 years of marriage! Yikers, minikers!

Anonymous said...

You guys are so dang cute!! :) I love you both to the skies and beyond!

Emily said...

Happy Meeting Day! Love you two!

Janet said...

I can't believe it's been 3 years! Man how time flys!

Kristin said...

I so well remember that November. I remember how happy I was and that I thought that you- Em- are the best best best girlfriend my brother could ever have!!!! I was soo happy when Jorg told me about you and I thought you are soooo beautiful when I saw your pics. :)

Munchkin said...

i think that is a very romantic story that is how I met the guy that I am dating right now!

Shannon said...

YAY for LDSLinkup, that's where I met my hunny. What a cute story! I too was excited that they started the Christmas music so soon...WOOHOO! Happy "first meet" anniversary!

Kimmy said...

well if it's wasn't for you, i wouldn't have met chris either. thankgoodness for ldslinkup. i remember when you chatted with him, and i remember vividly when he came over to pick you up for the first time! we were all peeking around the staircase trying to get a glimpse of him, but we definately heard his "deep, low" voice. oh it just seemed like yesterday we were living at your parents house complaining that we were never going to get married. crazy. your the bestest friend ever. love ya!

McKinlay Family said...

I think it is VERY romantic. I love both of you. Can I have Rebecca? Just checking. We need to go play.

Love ya lots, H