Sunday, November 9, 2008

Asenath "Bugsy Lu Lu" Passey McKinlay

She was also known as Sann, mom, Grandma, Tutu, DeGams...She was born in 1911. She passed away yesterday. She lived a wonderful life!
Grandma made me and all of her 38 other grandchildren feel like they were her "favorite". She made everyone feel special. And always made sure that we knew she loved us. She showed it with everything she did, and said it with words every chance she got. Even until the very end of her life. I understand my Heavenly Father's love better because I have a grandma that has loved me with a perfect love. Thanks, DeGams for "loving me first".
In this picture, grandpa is holding my angel sister, Becky (Rebecca's name sake). No doubt it was a joyous reunion for Becky and Grandpa and Grandma. We miss those we love! And I am so looking forward to seeing them again. I also look forward to Grandma's funeral: a celebration of her life! And recounting memories of this precious person with my cousins, aunts, and uncles. See you soon, McKin! xoxoxo

P.S. I can never say enough good things and thank you's to Auntie Heather and Aunt Soogie who took such good care of Grandma, every day, these past several years. You two are angels.

12 comments:

ty and megs said...

wish i could be there this week to celebrate tutu! what a sweet tribute.

love you!

Janet said...

What a great tribute, Em! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Kaitlin Heckert said...

I love this picture! I imediately thought of Becky when my mom called to tell me the news. They are having such a pary right now! And Grandam looks gorgeous in this picture. No wonder she has such hot grandkids!

CassiLou said...

I'm with Kaitlyn. After running to grandpa, I can see Tutu just holding Becky and squeezing her tight. I'm sure grandma has candy in her purse up there in heaven.

Rosemary said...

Oh, such a sweet post! I love my mommy SO much and miss her already. I know she is with grandpa and Becky among others, and is dancing. She was and is so happy and vibrant. And Cassi, I'll bet she does have candy in her purse! Thanks for your love and visits to daGams. Love you, Mimi

Emily said...

Such a sweet post Em. What a lady, she was so wonderful. Love you!

Tanya said...

I've loved the sweet stories you've shared about your grandmother. May this week bring you and your family lots of love and peace.
Cheers and love :)

Anonymous said...

I love this - you have such a way with words! I miss grandma so much already, but like everyone else says - she's with grandpa and becky and all her siblings and parents and friends now!
Love you!

"M" Clan said...

Oh Emmers, such a wonderful lady! So precious with her smile and hugs. Every time I ever spoke with her she would hold onto my hand and sweetly look right into my eyes the entire time, a woman full of so much love. I think I will send off some balloons today. xoxoxoxo

Kimmy said...

emily,
i am so sorry to hear about your grandma. i remember going to slc to have dinner with her. give your mommy a big hug for me and tell her i love her!

Jared & Larisa said...

She's the best! And it's true, we all thought we were her favorite! See you this weekend :)

Shannon said...

Wow! you can tell that your Grandma lived a great - fulfilling life by touching the hearts of many. I didn't know you had a sister that passed away; a joyous reunion for them indeed.