Friday, December 21, 2007

'Tis the Season!

We've been doin' Christmas these past few weeks and the blog has gotten neglected! I know ya'll have been doing the same, and have still managed to update the blogs. Buuuut...yah...we've slacked. Some things we've been up to are: Christmas parties for work, decorating, shopping, wrapping, Christmas Concert by Omi's Choir, making treats for the neighbors, making gingerbread houses, finishing our Christmas Newsletter, etc.

Here we at my parent's house where we made gingerbread houses for FHE a few weeks ago. Everyone (minus Elder Aldrich) was there! We also had our traditional pudding, where one of the pudding cups contain a hidden nut. The one who gets the nut, opens the family gift. I (Emily) got it again this year. SWEET!



Here's Rebecca with Omi at temple square. Birgit's choir sounded gorgeous. They are REALLY good. It was a fun night.


Here is a picture of the treat plates (cookies, fudge, and peanut brittle) for the neighbors. I wish you could taste it!


In Germany, advent calendars are really big. While we were there last month, we bought ours. Oh boy, it's a good one:

Here's something yummy to wake up to: The Kinder Egg Calendar! What could be better? Jorg and I switch-off opening one (behind it's door) every morning. The eggs are chocolate and contain a toy. Some eggs have just the regular toys and SOME have Christmas toys! We are always razzing each other about who will get the Christmas toy in their egg. See the otter and seal? Those are the Christmas ones. Cute little fellas. See the alien in the log? Well, that's just weird.


With all the running around, it's easy to forget what the season is really about. I've noticed quite a bit of impatience, on the road especially. People tired of waiting for traffic, rushing to get to parties or to the next store. I guess the weather doesn't help... But I love this decoration from one of my favorite movies, hanging right where I can see it when I walk in the door. (I got it from Heather last year, so cute.)


This Christmas season, and always, I'm so grateful to my Savior for all he has done for me, for my family, and for all of mankind. I love Him. I'm so grateful for His sacrifice. I will try and show a portion of my gratitude to Him by sharing that love with others. And by accepting His gift. It's just amazing to know that I can be forgiven of my many imperfections, if I will only repent and try my best to be like Him each day! I can be with my family forever! And that is the greatest miracle of all. In this earthly life, I don't think I'll ever be able to understand the full magnitude of the Atonement. But I'm thankful for it every day.
Merry Christmas!

No comments: