Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Taylor

This is Taylor Braithwaite.  He is Rebecca's new obsession.  As parents, we use "Taylor Time" as a punishment and reward for behavior!  Taylor is our backyard neighbor that just moved here in December from Florida.  The Braithwaites are so great!  We do a babysitting swap with them every Friday night.  I'm so glad they moved here!  Their backyard is not done yet, so they use ours.  It's really a blessing for us.  Rebecca is an only child (for now) but she is not alone.  That really means a lot to me!  They are so cute together.  They play "mom and dad", "grandma and grandpa", "princess and prince", they like to swing and yell at the top of their lungs, "I can't stop!"  She plays with Taylor and his sister, Elle, every chance possible.  They even eat lunch in the yard most days.  Rain or shine!
Here they are watching "Tangled" during a play date.
Rebecca has asked Taylor to marry her, but he is already betrothed to a girl named Lizzy who lives in Florida.  He is very true to her!  One day I could tell something was on Rebecca's mind.  It was morning and we were snuggling.  We hadn't spoken yet that day and I asked her what she was thinking about.  She said these exact words,  "Momma?  I never, ever, ever, ever, ever...want to meet Lizzy."  I think she is a little jealous!
 
But I told her she has no need of a prince, she has daddy!  And besides, there are many other boys she will meet in her life.  She can just be friends to everyone and she doesn't need to find someone to marry for a long long time!  She listened to me, but I think she still holds onto hope that one day, Taylor will change his mind ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How sweet!

Kim and Scott said...

Oh this is so sweet! I want to cut and past this post into my blog. We are SO glad that we moved here too. And I think Rebecca is taking Lizzy's place!