Monday, August 30, 2010

First Day of School!

The first day was Tuesday, August 23rd. What a cutie.  She was so excited and didn't even complain when we had to wake her up early.  Jorg got up with us and gave us each a "back to school" blessing.  It was very special.  I tried not to shed tears over our girl's cuteness.  I did not succeed.

Here's a picture from the Kids Village website:  the center of the "village".

And here is Rebecca in my little room where I teach the 2-3 year olds.

Rebecca and I are going to school together!!  On Tuesdays and Thursdays.  I wasn't able to get a picture of her with her teacher yet, since I have been doing my share of running of like a chicken with my head cut off!  But hopefully things will slow down in the coming weeks for me to accomplish taking a picture of my sweet girl with her very first preschool teacher!  We like it!

**It was an intense adventure at Kids Village...TOO intense.  I quit after just 2 weeks, and stuck around 1 more week for them to find a replacement.  Rebecca loved her class and teacher, but my class was just unmanageable.   Too many kids, too small of a space, and too few toys, and they were too young (2 yrs. old).  I was going insane!  Also, I REALLY missed Rebecca.  Since I worked morning and afternoon (Tues and Thurs), and all day was too much for her to handle, I had my mom pick her up for the afternoon.  My mom did not mind.  And Rebecca was happy.  I just...didn't like it.  I want to spend every second with her that I can.  She may be our only child (If you're reading this, pray for us ;) I so badly want siblings for her).  And she is growing up so fast! We are doing a neighborhood Joy School now, and it works perfect for us.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

She looks so grown up!

Rebecca said...

How fun that you get to teach at her preschool! You'll be great at that.

Emily said...

I am still laughing at you. I know I know I'm so insensitive so I have to explain my thoughts. When I read you cried I thought Im not suprised Emily is so cute like that, because even though I'm not a cryer, I still think it's sweet. Ok but then I read that you guys go to school together I busted up laughing. Sorry I know I'm a brat, BUT I LOVE YOU.

Emily said...

oh yeah, by the way, she looks adorable on her first day of school. and Miss Emily looks beautiful