Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Growing Up...

...I remember my sentimental mom looking at us kids, sitting at the counter, with a tear in her eye (it happened quite often). And she would tell us that one of her dreams was always to be a mom and to see all of her kids sitting at the counter. And we would kind of go,
"yah, yah, yah, mom..."
I caught a glimpse of what she meant, watching my own little sweetheart sitting there the other day. I had that same little tear gleaming in my eye as I sat across from her, handing her things, taking care of the dishes, talking to her, just like my mom used to do.
(she still sits in her high chair to eat...she's not that advanced yet...)
I love being a mom to this little precious girl!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pictures and your very touching thoughts!

Kristin said...

So sweet! I love the pics of you and the cutie! She has grown so much again. I can´t believe it. Her hair is growing too.
MIss miss miss you

ty and megs said...

darling.

i had a similar moment the other day. i was washing and packing up mckinlay's old clothes and couldn't help but shed a tear thinking about how much she has grown up! the clothes i was folding were so tiny, but i remember when she was wearing them i thought she was so grown up! i guess it never stops, does it?

"M" Clan said...

Apple Tree! You are a great mommy, just like Rose Mary! Perspecitve changes our worlds! xoxo

Shannon said...

That's so sweet! That sounds like something my mom would say...but I don't think we'd ever have fit around the counter - too many of us...lol. You're a great mom, Emily!

Rosemary said...

Emmie, what a cute memory. More detail is that I would look at you kids at the counter and say, "Oh, I always wanted to have kids and here you are! And you are so CUTE!!" And one time Becky said, "Well, if you think we're so cut, why don't you take a picture of us?" So I did.
Now it's YOU thinking and doing the same thing! Life is groovy!