Sunday, November 18, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

We didn't post for 2 weeks and now the posts are gushing forth! What fun :) So, we are leaving for Germany on Thanksgiving and are having OUR thanksgiving today! Happy Thanksgiving!! The turkey is in the oven. Oh, it smells goooooood. We will be eating at my parent's house and have been trying to eat lite all day to save room for the good stuff.

I got tagged by my cousin Megan to write Six Things about Me. I will honor her polite request, but change it a little to:
Six Things I'm Grateful For
1. I am thankful for for kids. I love my little "precious". Soooo much. I've been waiting for her for...my whole life. I also love my kids at school. I get to teach grades K-6 in Computers. Each class comes for 45 minutes per week. I feel like the grandma of the school because I get to see all these kids and enjoy them (they love computers) then send em' back to their teachers. And here's a picture of my kid lovin' the computer (as she often does):
I get to serve in Primary and enjoy spending time with these great kids too. They crack me up and teach me so much.

2. I'm thankful for my hands...for a lot of reasons, but mostly because they help me talk. Jorg teases me about this.

3. I'm thankful for accessories. I really love them (headbands, jewlery, and such). Rebecca enjoys them too. It's just her very favorite when her blankie and binkie match her outfit. (I really do enjoy finding the matching binkie from our small collection. I'm so...fun?)

4. I am thankful for Christmas Music. I start listening to it on November 1st. I still appreciate Thanksgiving. I don't skip it or anything. It's just...
Christmas music makes me happy! Why not enjoy it for two months instead of one?

5. I am thankful for bargains. Jorg is the BEST at finding them. I found this rug I just HAD to have in 8X10:
It's normally around $500, so of course I thought I could only dream. But THEN my talented bargain shopper husband found it on e-bay for $78. I am serious. We won it last night. Merry Christmas to me!

6. I am thankful for my
family. Extended family included. I love my life! It's not perfect, but I love it. The people in it make it special. For all you people in my life, thank you. I love you.

4 comments:

ty and megs said...

happy turkey day and fly safely! have so much fun. i can't wait to see your pictures!

jon and kir said...

I love the rug! Have fun in Germany and Paris and take lots of pictures!!

Mikie said...

Hey Em-- I just thought you should know that I love you, cuz!

Melanie said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Em! I am thankful for YOU - you are awesome! Have a fun trip, and oh yeah - Sydney White (and girl nights) ROCK! Love ya!