Saturday, November 13, 2010

NYC

Nov 4th-7th
It seems we are city people lately! Jorg and I took a spontaneous trip to the big apple. And it happened to coincide with our meet-o-versary (November 5th). How romantical!   We had a blast.  It didn't feel like we took many pictures, since there was not a cute little girl to take pictures of!  But we actually did still take quite a few pix.  Here we are on the subway. 

We slept in every day!  And decided where we wanted to go before we left the hotel room.  The blackberry internet and navigation system on our phones helped a lot too.  And I had a loose itinerary for us to follow.  below:  Jorg is looking up the street map.  We found the Gourmet Garage, which we visited 3 times for their yummy sushi, salads, baked goods, and sugar cane cola.  And we did some window shopping - check out those purses made of bones!  I hope they weren't REAL bones!
below:  Times square and China Town
Central Park:
below:  The Burger Joint - hidden in the lobby of a 5 star hotel!  I had been there before and it was fun to try and find it again:
Ground Zero:
St. Paul's Chapel and Battery Park (you can see Lady Liberty in the background):
Rockefeller Plaza and Jorg is standing under the German flag:
and Radio City Music Hall...I told Jorg to "work it"!  hehehehe
We did and saw lots more, but like I said...no child to prompt abundant camera usage. Mostly we just enjoyed being together and having adventures! We made tons of memories that will last forever.
And what was Rebecca doing all this time?
being spoiled by Omi and Grandpa.  What a lucky girl! 

3 comments:

Kim said...

I am so glad you guys had so much fun together in New York! What a wonderful thing to be away for a while together without the little one, even though I'm sure you missed her so much! :)

Rosemary said...

This is such a fun post! I especially love how Jorg "worked it" for the camera, and did I see a pose of him singing "How do You Know" in Central Park? I'm glad you have such a fun husband and had such a happy time! Hugs and love!

Kristin said...

WOW! These pics sure look like a lot of fun.
I am soooo jealous. I wanted to come too but MIchi was home late from work so we didn´t catch the flight :-). We miss you and hope to go to NY someday WITH you!!