Friday, September 24, 2010

For the beauty of the earth...

With all our stops, it took us 4 hours to drive there.  We spent 4 hours in the park.  Then it was 4 hours back home.  We left at 12 noon, and got back at midnight.  It was totally worth the drive, and I was happy that we didn't have to spend an uncomfortable night in an uncomfortable hotel bed, or sleeping bag, for that matter :)   









 
The park was pretty full for a Tuesday afternoon in September.  We could hear people speaking French, Spanish, Italian, and German.  Folks come from all over the world to see these wonders!  And here they are, in our backyard.  What a great experience we had and we hope to visit more national parks together.

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

Such beautiful photos and what a fun little trip! I love how you go on such fun outings! I must comment on what you told me that Rebecca said while hiking: You: "Rebecca, you have SO much energy! Where did you get it??" Rebecca: "From heaven." (pause) Rebecca: "Mimi has a lot of energy too." You: "Oh. Where did she get it?" From the Doctor." I loved that! I know it came from her asking one day in a concerned voice why I had a dr. appt. and you said, "Oh she's fine, she just wants some more energy." Kids say the darndes things!

Shannon said...

Gotta love trips like that that aren't totally planned, but so much fun!